Thursday, June 9, 2016

Daily 5 today!


On this day I was just so proud as I looked around my classroom and everyone was working so hard and independent! Of course it's not like this every day but that is my goal, right?!?

These two boys are best friends and some how just got lucky enough to be partners as well.  I just love when besties are good at working together! Here they are doing "Word Work" with spelling words.



These two kiddos always worked great at "Read to Someone".  She was eager to listen, and he was eager to read!
These girls are in the Library doing "Listen to Reading" on the ipad, and "Read to Self".
Up on the loft this little one is journal writing for "Work on Writing".  She is so very creative! Below her I have computers as a 6th rotation/choice in the Daily 5.  This is where we get our IStation time in since we only go to the computer lab once a week.
At my table I have one of my reading groups rereading one of their books that we have just done earlier in the week.
Here is a look at our CAFE menu to help us recall reading strategies we have covered over the year. Yes, I agree, it isn't as full as I would like it to be but we still refer to it often!
Here is just a few pictures of my classroom library in the spring time. You can tell the basket s are getting used by the look of the books, all disheveled.

As you can tell books are an important part of our classroom! We have lots to choose from!!! I make a very big deal about choosing good fit books throughout the year and widening our reading choices by having a little of everything for them to choose from!


No comments:

Post a Comment